Translate

Saturday 17 October 2015

Scarred Petals..

So what's beauty without life?
Stale memories void of joy,
Just what's that feeling of emptiness?
That hole in our hearts that doesn't cease to deepen?

We don't say goodbye to tattooed memories,
To love unending,
To  a life well lived,
To an angel stuck in between.

The beauty of being human is that we all hurt,
So I'm here trying to fit in the black patterns,
Soothing snorts to hide the pain,
A perfect mass of dumb hurt.

Ma,
Unbreak my heart, uncry my tears,
Make this pain cease and the hurt halt,
If I had a wish,
I'd give you a thousand lives,
A perfect dose of happiness
And all the health in the world.
But I'll give you roses,
Because that's all you can take now.

They say you don't know what you've got till it's gone,
Sure lacking has made me understand what it meant to have,
So as I watch the rain drip on your grave,
I believe memories don't fade,
And love, love is a gift you so much gave.

Till we meet again,
I believe there's more to all this,
Than just the scattered scarred petals.


For Alphonsina. RIP.
#chroniclesofadeadpoet

No comments: