Translate

Friday 14 November 2014

As i rest in peace.

LAST WISH

when I die,
I don't want to be mourned,
I'd rather a celebration party,
I don't want any black,
Because I'm a chic of colour,
I want splashes of orange, blue, purple, pink, yellow..
I don't want any sad looking faces or tear soaked handkerchiefs and tissues,
I want happy smiles, ecstatic laughter and ripples of joy.


When I die,
I don't want a mean stuck up picture of me,
No one ever knew me as a sad person,
I want my favorite selfie,
Yes that one that got so much attention on IG,
I want all to remember my Lovely smile And best captured moments of happiness,
I don't want to be buried in a boring white dress or coffin,
I want to be in my favorite jean pants and my favorite white top,
With my nails done and hair super glossy,
And I ain't leaving without my favorite pair of heels,
An inspiration to all plus size models.. you're beautiful,
I want a selfie in my mauve beautiful casket,
I want you look the very best for my Creator.
Knowing there's a party in store for me.

When I die,
I  don't want wails or long sad eulogies and chants of R.I.P
I want a performance of my poetry and appreciation of art,
 I don't Want any questions about the cuts on my thighs and wrist,
No comments on the marijuana found under my pillow,
I don't want any mentions of my frustrations, hurts and pain,
Instead I want to be remembered for the beautiful happy girl,
Instead of a funeral process I want an afro-pop party,
With sauti sol performing sura yako.. and I really wouldn't mind Davido performing Aye,
The songs i wish I was worthy to be sung to,
I want everyone to dance, smile and toss for I have found a better place.

When I die,
I don't want my twin sister to cry because her smile was always the reason  I didn't give up,
Her beautiful shoulder that always got soaked with my painful tears,
I don't want my boyfriend to feel alone,
Rather I want him to think of our happy days,
I don't want the tears of my best friend.
For all I wanted was to be there for him,
I don't want my mother to feel miserable for loosing a  third child,
Rather I want her to be the proud mum of the obedient non-scandalous daughter,
I don't want my little sister to feel alone,
But rather look up to me as her hero.

When I die,
I don't want any more pain, tears and hurt,
I've had enough of that in one lifetime,
I want happiness and real party celebrations,
When I die, I hope these words will be written on my stone.

No comments: