Translate

Monday 24 November 2014

I am you.

I KNOW 

That fiery anger,
Temper almost choking,
When you clench your fist,
So identical to mine,
When I just can't get the right words,
To express my thoughts.
I know how you feel,
Because I'm a poet.

The tingling feeling when falling in love,
When you relive Romeo and Juliet,
I know the rapid pumping of the heart,
I know it because I make it,
The softness of a touch,
Intensity of a kiss,
The passion in love making,
I know it,
Remember William was a poet too.
When you're Sad,
And obviously think no one understands,
How then do you think we compose these?
I feel you,
The loneliness, rejection, pain and shame,
I've been there,
I've felt it before..
And there's that one more,
Who's jolting it down.
The urge for a cigar,
Or just one puff,
One more tot,
One more hoe,
Everyone is addicted to something,
I know coz mine is poetry,
I know just how much you need,
It's the same thing,
When It's me and my pen.
No matter What you feel,
Know we've been there,
And you're not alone,
Because being a poet is all about capturing emotions,
Fitting in different shoes,
Don't feel alone,
Because I've been in many words,
A rape victim,
A prostitute,
A drug addict,
A battered wife,
A hopeless romantic.
I know,
I understand,
Because I'm a poet.

No comments: