Translate

Tuesday 11 November 2014

MY UNBORN
I dreamt of pretty lilies and silky roses,
Of beautiful days and girly dreams,
But the slight pain of your kick brings
me back to reality.
First,
I don't know your name,
Please pardon my ignorance,
But the condom burst with one too
many,
And I couldn't afford the morning after
pill every morning,
And the number that rocked my bed
ain't just odd,
It's lots.
Sweetheart I'm sorry,
I might be a disappointment,
Some will call you "bastard "
Some "love child "
Others "illegitimate "
Many other words that I learnt to
endure.
Well,
I couldn't afford the doctor's fees for a
decent abortion,
and I couldn't do it the crude way..
We'll couldn't risk my life it yours too,
That's incase you survived.
I apologize,
That your life will be filled with shame
and pain,
Shame that you might be forced to
embrace,
I'm sorry I'll have to give you up ,
To some rich childless family,
That they can pamper you with all that
I couldn't give you.
When my periods missed,
I begged it wouldn't be a girl,
That would grow to be just like your
mother and grandma,
that will be used to drunken men,
And smoke filled bars.
All the same I'm human too you know.
I know later you'll ask why,
My unborn,
I'm ashamed to be your mother,
when I can't tell your father,
You child of many spilled seeds,
I'm sorry
But even if I couldn't love you,
I bet they will.
I feel you kick again,
I wipe my tear,
And call on the next customer.
I'm sorry my unborn.

No comments: