Translate

Saturday 17 January 2015

African wife..

SOMEONE'S WIFE!
Kwamboka,
My daughter do you want to kill me?
Is sending me to an early grave your intention?
Ei! Do you think I can live past the mockery of my fellow women?
Do you want to be the death of your father?
That we did not raise you well is unbearable!
The whole village knows,
That your house stinks,
Your children are filthy,
Your land remains untilled,
And your new scent is liquor,
Your husband eats from another man's pot!
My daughter,
Did I not teach you,
That a husband should be treated like a king?
That a married woman keeps her things in order?
Why do you ashame me with these strange traits?
Do you enjoy it when I am the village's laughing stock?
Kwamboka,
That you can not cook for your husband is a shame!
That you pay a fellow woman to wash your husband's garments is an abomination!
Ahah! Did he not marry you to be his helper?
Ei! You amaze me my daughter!
Did you ever see this monkey business in your fathers house?
Answer Me Kwamboka!
Did I not teach you the responsibilities that come with being someone's wife?
Don't you know it is a shame, a taboo for a man to see your monthly visitor?
Yet you let her sit anywhere anyhow in your house?
My daughter,
Stop wasting time gossiping in the marketplace,
It is a woman who breaks or makes a home,
Don't you dare raise your voice to your husband again,
A woman is to be seen not heard.
Now Please leave my homestead,
Rise up and make your house a home!
Po! I do not have money to pay back the hefty dowry paid for you!
My daughter it's time you realised you are someone's wife!

No comments: